- From The Homeschool Mom i printed a weekly menue so the boys can help me plan a healthy diet for the week that we work on the lapbook.
- From The Heart Foundation For Kids I found some Gor For Kids printouts on Water
- From Captain 5 A Day I found great information on Vegetables and Fruit (they also have activities on Hand Washing and such that I used in our Human Body Lapbook) There are also some great activities at Dole 5 A Day, And here's some great online stories for kids!!
- Here's a great list of Links for teaching kids Nutrition!
- For finding our about nutrition or activities you should check out KidsHealth. They actually have an article for each age group - with ideas on fitness levels. I printed one for each child's lapbook and we made index cards.
- Nutritional Explorations - kids explore nutrition in this interactive site.
- TOTALLY INCLUSIVE Nutrition Guide for your kids.
- Also here's a Nutrition Lapbook guide, and here's another.
- Easy Fun School on Nutrition mini-unit
- And of course to understand the Food Pyramid check out My Pyramid and Pyramid Food Guide
Monday, May 25, 2009
As a personal trainer, I can tell you the hardest part of a Wellness Plan is instituting a healthy diet...not a fad diet or a diet 'designed for weightloss' I'm talking about a nutrition plan that gives the body all the vitamins and minerals it needs....so (not surprisingly) I've been searching the internet, as well as working on my own printouts to help teach my boys about Healthy Nutrition and Healthy Living....Here's some of what I've come up with....